FishHawk Ranch Frequently Asked Questions
Through my many decades in the real estate industry I have asked and been asked a lot of real estate questions. On this page I will try to breakdown some of the most common FishHawk Ranch frequently asked questions that I get.
Buying a Home in FishHawk Ranch
- How do I know if I’m ready to buy a home?
- I’m on the fence, should I rent or buy?
- What is the process to buy a home? Take a look at the FishHawk Ranch Real Estate Buyers Guide.
- I’m getting ready to buy a home what are some items I need to know? Here are 15 No Nonsense Real Estate Facts for Buying a Home.
- Can I Use a REALTOR® if I’m Buying New Construction?
- Should I get a Mortgage Pre-Approval?
- How do I Choose the Right REALTOR® for me and my family?
- What questions should I ask the Home Inspector?
- Do you have a guide to the FishHawk Ranch area schools?
- What are the Closing Costs when buying a home?
- Do you have a mortgage calculator?
- I’m new to the area, can you tell me about the Tampa Bay area beaches?
- What are all the different subdivisions in FishHawk Ranch?
- What are the FishHawk Ranch amenities?
Types of Home Sales in FishHawk Ranch
- Traditional Resale – A home being sold by a regular seller using a REALTOR®.
- For Sale by Owner – The same as a traditional sale except the owner is attempting to market, negotiate and sell the property without the help of a REALTOR®.
- Bank Owned Properties (REO’s) – A property that has gone through the foreclosure process with the lender being the highest bidder. The lender or bank lists the property in the MLS for sale.
- Short Sales – The seller is attempting to sell the property for less money than is owed on the mortgage. Short Sale need 3rd party approval (usually from an investor or multiple investors). Because of these additional approvals short sales typically take an unusually long time to negotiate and the asking price in the MLS may not be the price the 3rd party will accept to sell the property.
- Auctions – An online way to bid on properties for sale. This sounds good in theory but in reality the system still needs work. The seller’s usually put in a hidden minimum required bid. I’ve tried to purchase multiple auction properties and never have met the minimum be even with fair offers. Some of these auction sites require additional payments to them if you are the winning bidder so tread carefully.
FishHawk Ranch Homeowner Costs
- What is the FishHawk Ranch CDD?
- What is the FishHawk Ranch HOA?
- How much are my FishHawk Ranch Property Taxes and how are they calculated?
- What is a Homestead Exemption, how is it calculated and how do I apply?
Selling a FishHawk Ranch Home
- If I was going to hire you as my REALTOR®, how do you market and sell a home?
- What can I do to help get the most money for my home?
- I’m preparing to move, do you have a moving checklist?
- How important is an Open House to selling my home?
- How can I improve my curb appreal? Also look at 3 ways to improve your curb appeal.
I hope you found these frequently asked questions useful. Feel free to email me at Jeff@FishHawkRanchRealEstate.net if there are any specific questions that I may not have covered.