Introduction to Lithia, Florida
Situated in Hillsborough County on the west coast of Florida is the beautiful city of Lithia. It is located in a suburb of the Tampa-St. Petersburg metro area. Lithia is home to multiple great communities and some of the highest rated schools in the state. The Lithia area has grown tremendously over the last 15 years with master-planned communities, residential subdivisions, new schools and new businesses.
The community has a rich history in agriculture, saw mills, and phosphate mining. The international headquarters of the Mosaic Companies phosphate division is located in Lithia. In the late 1990s, Newland Communities purchased 3,000 acres land and began to develop the award-winning FishHawk Ranch community.
Lithia Real Estate
Real estate in Lithia consists of single-family homes, villas, condominiums, townhouses, vacant land and luxury apartments. Lithia has a large variety of homes and price ranges to choose from. Lithia is home to these wonderful communities:
- FishHawk Ranch
- Fish Hawk Trials
- Channing Park
- Hammock Oaks Reserve
- Hawk Creek Reserve
- Jameson Farms
- Keysville Estates
- Lithia Ranch
- Rogers Ranch
- Southwood Estates
The schools in Lithia have a reputation of being some of the best schools in the state of Florida. Buyers make Lithia a must see area because of the following great Lithia schools.
- Barrington Middle School (Public, 6-8)
- Bevis Elementary School (Public, K-5)
- FishHawk Creek Elementary School (Public, K-5)
- Foundation Christian Academy (Private, Churches of Christ, K-12)
- Lithia Springs Elementary School (Public, K-5)
- Newsome High School (Public, 9-12)
- Pinecrest Elementary School (Public, K-5)
- Randall Middle School (Public, 6-8)
For additional information on these and other schools, day care facilities and private schools in the area please visit the FishHawk area schools page.
Things to Do Around Lithia
Residents of Lithia have has easy access to Apollo Beach, Brandon, Plant City, Riverview, Tampa and Valrico along with Highway 301, the Crosstown Expressway, Interstate 4 and Interstate 75. Its central location provides a quick ride to the pristine Tampa Bay area beaches and the world famous Walt Disney World, Universal Orlando Resort and SeaWorld Celebration attractions.
The Tampa Bay are offers a variety of wonderful planned events all year-round. Traditional events include:
- The Gasparilla Parade: a mock pirate invasion that has taken place for over a century
- The Florida State Fair
- The Sant’Yago Illuminated Night Parade in Ybor City
- The Guavaween Parade and Festival around Halloween
- The Outback Bowl
- The Florida Strawberry Festival: located in Plant City where you can eat the “World’s Best Strawberry Shortcake”.
Along with those great the Tampa Bay and Orlando areas offer some more great attractions that include:
- David A. Straz Jr. Center for the Performing Arts
- Glazer Children’s Museum
- Tampa Museum of Art
- Tampa Theatre
- American Victory
- Busch Gardens
- Dinosaur World
- The Florida Aquarium
- Adventure Island Water Park
- Henry B. Plant Museum
- Lowry Park Zoo
- Big Cat Rescue
- Museum of Science and Industry (MOSI)
- Tampa Bay History Center
- Tampa Bay Area Beaches
- Lithia Springs Regional Park
- Alderman’s Ford Park
Access to the world famous Orlando attractions are just a short drive away. Some of these great attractions include:
Sports fans can enjoy all kinds of professional sports action. The Tampa and Orlando areas are home to the following teams:
- Football: Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Baseball: Tampa Bay Rays
- Hockey: Tampa Bay Lightning
- Basketball: Orlando Magic
- Arena Football: Tampa Bay Storm
- Minor League Baseball: Tampa Yankees
Whether it’s the variety of recreational opportunities, the friendly people or just the beautiful weather, Lithia offers its residents a quality of life that is second to none.
Current Lithia, Florida Homes For Sale
Below is a list of all current Lithia, Florida homes for sale.
The data relating to real estate displayed on this website comes in part from the Internet Data Exchange (IDX) Program of My Florida Regional Multiple Listing Service, Inc. All listing information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed and should be independently verified through personal inspection by appropriate professionals. Listings displayed on this website may be subject to prior sale or removal from sale; availability of any listing should always be independently verified. Listing information is provided for consumers' personal, non-commercial use, solely to identify potential properties for potential purchase; all other use is strictly prohibited and may violate relevant federal and state law.