Top 10 Reasons People Love FishHawk Ranch
Being a REALTOR® that lives in FishHawk Ranch, I am often asked what I love most about the community. Here are my top 10 reasons people love FishHawk Ranch. These are not in any particular order and keep in mind these are my reasons. Feel free to comment below and leave your reasons.
- FishHawk Area Schools – FishHawk Ranch boasts some of the best schools in the Tampa Bay area. I believe this may be one of the main reasons people move to FishHawk Ranch. All of the schools in the FishHawk Ranch school zone are “A” rated and they are some of the highest rated schools in the state of Florida. For additional information on these schools, the FishHawk Ranch area schools page gives details, websites, and contact information for each of these schools along with the private schools and daycare centers in the FishHawk Ranch area.
- A Sense of Community – For me this is priceless. Living in Florida is kind of like living in a melting pot of every part of the country. FishHawk Ranch and the folks that live here make everyone feel welcome and certainly go out of their way to help neighbors and organizations in need. There are numerous events throughout the year designed to get everyone out of the house. From movies on the lawn at Park Square to pumpkin festivals, to bedtime stories with Santa, there is a lot of community events for everyone. As I write this we just completed a charity softball event for the Seeds of Hope charity. The tournament along with the community, volunteers, and sponsors raised over $11,000 for this amazing charity. I am so proud to be a part of a community that steps up whenever needed!
- Amenities – FishHawk Ranch is well known for its world-class amenities. These amenities are seemingly endless. The community features over 25 miles of beautiful paved nature trails. Multiple pools included some heated pools, splash pools, and of course the amazing resort-style waterfall pool at the Aquatic Club. The community has a community softball field, tennis, basketball, street hockey, skate park, Park Square, and much more! The community truly has something to do for everyone. Please click over to the FishHawk Ranch Amenities page for a complete breakdown, descriptions, locations, and photos of these great amenities.
- Naturally Beautiful – FishHawk Ranch is simply stunning. The community is situated in a beautiful natural setting. When developed a lot of care was taken to ensure as much of the natural beauty was left as untouched as possible. FishHawk Ranch was named the first “Green Community” in Hillsborough County. FishHawk Ranch always seems clean. The HOA does a great job of keeping the community looking amazing. There are always workers out caring for the landscaping and sprucing up.
- The Weather – There is not a single place in the country that has a nicer fall, winter, or spring than the Tampa, Florida area. Our winters are generally in the low to mid-70s during the day and the low to mid-50s at night. Since no place is perfect, yes, the summers are without question hot and question humid. The nice part is the area is pretty close to the water, this tends to regulate the temperature a little bit. I have not seen a day here over 96 degrees (yes I know that is still hot). I am originally from New Jersey and can remember numerous days with temperatures over 100 with 100% humidity! The hot weather just lasts a little longer here. Personally, I will take the Florida summers over snow any day!
- FishHawk Ranch Location – At first glance, FishHawk Ranch may seem a little off the beaten path and I guess it kind of is. That is really one of the things I love about it. If you look closer at the location it is a great central location for doing things in Florida. FishHawk Ranch is about 35-minutes from downtown Tampa, a little over an hour from the beautiful Sarasota, Clearwater, and St. Pete beaches, and about an hour and fifteen minutes from all the attractions in Orlando. It is fairly easy to get to 3 of the large airports in the area. And sports fans, we have access to all the major sports as well as host some of the high profile sporting events like the Superbowl, College Football Bowl Games including the 2017 College Football National Championship and the NCAA College Basketball Tournament. In Florida, it is harder to get much more central than that.
- 25-Miles of Nature Trails – If you love beautiful scenery when you are biking or walking the FishHawk Ranch trails are perfect. You much check them out!
- Community Pools – I know this falls under amenities but it is really worth getting into a little detail. There are pools throughout the community that are open to all FishHawk residents. There are even a few pools open to certain subdivisions like the pool in FishHawk Ridge. The main pools are Hawk Park, Aquatic Club (2 pools, the waterfall pool, and larger lap pool), Osprey Club (heated pool and splash pool for the little ones), and the Starling Club (heated pool and splash pool). FishHawk Ranch West has its own pool and splash pool. We tend to use all of the pools in FishHawk Ranch.
- Variety of Homes For Sale – When FishHawk Ranch was created it was developed to encompass a wide variety of homeowners. You can find a 2 bedroom townhome for as little as $175,000 or an executive home for well over $1,500,000 and everything in between. The community boasts a variety of different builders that have built here throughout the years so there are a lot of different style homes and floor plans to choose from.
- Bus Line – The HART bus line is just minutes from most of the homes in FishHawk Ranch. Depending on where your home is located you may even be able to walk! One of the buses runs directly to MacDill AFB.
- The Co-Ed Community Softball League – For men and women that live in FishHawk Ranch. The league has 8-community teams with great people, tons of fun, and competitive. I’ve been playing in this league for over 15-years, it’s awesome! If you play softball, live in FishHawk Ranch, and want to play, let me know. I’ll get you on a team.
I know, I said 10-reasons. I just could not stop at 10! Truthfully, there are a lot more reasons that I could add. I sell homes throughout the Tampa Bay area, and there are some great communities in Tampa Bay. To me, FishHawk Ranch ranks right up at the top. It is a wonderful community that I am glad to call home.
Do you have any favorite reason that I missed?
Additional FishHawk Articles and Resources
- FishHawk Ranch Frequently Asked Questions
- FishHawk Ranch Real Estate and Current Homes For Sale
- FishHawk Ranch Area Businesses
If you found this post about FishHawk Ranch beneficial, please do me a favor and share it with others. Thanks in advance for sharing!
About The Author
The above real estate article “Top 10 Reasons People Love FishHawk Ranch” was written by Jeff Gould.
Jeff is a top-selling, nationally recognized REALTOR® and local FishHawk Ranch real estate expert. You will find him selling homes in Tampa Bay, Florida, and surrounding areas. Some of those areas include FishHawk, Lithia, Riverview, Valrico, Apollo Beach, Brandon, and Tampa.
If you are looking to sell or buy a home anywhere in the Tampa Bay area, Jeff is your local and trusted professional.
Jeff can also be reached via text or phone at (813) 421-3007.
Are you thinking of moving to the Tampa area? Click here for additional FishHawk Ranch information or see some FishHawk Ranch Homes For Sale.
© 2020, Jeff Gould. All rights reserved.