10 Tips To Increase Your Home Value
Here are 10 tips that can help increase the value of your FishHawk Ranch home.
- Paint – One of the easiest and most cost-effective home improvements is paint! Freshly painted rooms look clean and updated. When selecting paint, keep in mind that neutral colors appeal to the greatest number of people, therefore making your home more desirable. On average, paint costs around $25 to $40 a gallon for premium paint. Stores like Home Depot, Lowes, or the Sherwin-Williams Paint Store right here in FishHawk are great starting points for this home improvement. They have lots of colors to choose from and can help you with any questions you may have. Remember if you are repainting and changing the color of the exterior of your home you need to get approval from the FishHawk Ranch HOA.
- Cut energy costs – The amount of money you spend each month on energy costs may seem like a fixed amount, but many local utility companies provide free energy audits of their customers’ homes. They can show you how to maximize the energy efficiency of your home. An energy-efficient home will save you money now and adds value to your home. Tampa Electric offers three convenient ways to help you identify and evaluate cost-effective energy-saving measures for your home. They will do an Online Energy Audit, a Phone Assisted Audit, or an In-Home Energy Audit.
- Simple, low maintenance landscaping – No question that shrubs and colorful plants will add curb appeal to any home, but when shopping at your local garden center, make sure that you “think green.” Purchase plants that are native to your region. Great curb appeal will add value to your home.
- Water Filtration System – A great way to save money is to install a water filtration system in your kitchen. Reverse Osmosis is also known as hyperfiltration, is a process that reduces the particles down to the molecular level. It is the same process used by major bottled water companies. Reverse osmosis reduces the salts and other impurities, giving you high-quality great-tasting water. Not only do these systems purify your water, but they will also help lower your grocery bill. A water filtration system is an inexpensive upgrade that home buyers look for in a home.
- Ceiling – There are not a lot of items that date a house more than popcorn ceilings. If you have a popcorn ceiling it is well worth a weekend to update it or hire a professional to do it for you. Removing a popcorn ceiling may not seem like a big change but the home will look more modern and appeal to more buyers.
- First Impression – You never get a second chance to make a first impression so when a prospective buyer drives up to your home what is the first thing they see? Your lawn and landscaping of course! Overgrown or patchy lawns and poorly manicured bushes, shrubs, and trees will cause your home to stand out, in a bad way! It may be a good investment to hire a lawn service and possibly a tree service to cut/patch your lawn, shape your bushes and trim your trees. Your curb appeal will go from messy to marvelous without trimming your budget. It will pay large dividends in the end.
- Make it Shine – Make the interior of your home shine from the moment someone walks through the door. For a few hundred dollars it may be a good idea to hire a cleaning service to do a complete top to bottom cleaning of the home. Even if you clean your home regularly, there are nooks and crannies that you may miss or overlook. Let a cleaning service do the dirty work for you and really make your home shine! Finally, clear the clutter. The more clutter, furniture, and plain old stuff you have in a room, the more cramped it will feel.
- Bathroom Updates – Bathroom updates are always a smart move. Even if you can’t afford a full remodel, small changes such as replacing dated wallpaper with fresh paint, new tile flooring, replacing old fixtures, and updating old lighting will give the bathroom a modern feel without costing a lot of money.
- Ceiling Fans – Ceiling Fans are a great decorative way to reduce air conditioning bills. New ceiling fans in the bedroom and the living areas are a great cheap selling feature.
- Kitchen Updates – The kitchen is a great place to get a great bang for your buck. The rage today are granite countertops, 42-inch cabinets, and stainless steel appliances. It would be nice to have all of these but small changes could bring large returns. Start by swapping out just one item, such as a stained sink or old microwave. Even small kitchen updates will add big value to your home.
Real Estate Information and Tips
- 10 Simple Fixes to Instantly Raise Your Home’s Selling Price
- You Never Get a Second Chance at a First Impression
- 10 Tips to Increase Your Home Value
If you found this article beneficial, please do me a favor and share it with others. Thanks for sharing!
About the author
Jeff is a top-selling, nationally recognized REALTOR® and local FishHawk Ranch real estate expert. You will find him selling homes in Tampa Bay, Florida, and surrounding areas. Some of those areas include FishHawk, Lithia, Riverview, Valrico, Apollo Beach, Brandon, and Tampa.
If you are looking to sell or buy a Tampa Bay area home, Jeff is your local and trusted professional. He can be reached via phone/text at (813) 421-3007 or by contacting him below.
Connect with Jeff on:
© 2015, Jeff Gould. All rights reserved.