11 Reasons You Should List Your Home During The Holidays
Halloween is this weekend and the holidays are right around the corner. One of the questions I hear a lot during this time of year is “Should I list my home during the holiday season or should I wait for the New Year”? Here are 11 reasons you should list your home during the holidays!
- While there may be fewer buyers out there, people who are looking for a home during the holidays are more serious…they are ready to buy. They may HAVE to buy.
- There are fewer homes for buyers to look at during the holidays which means less competition for your Property…less competition equals more offers and more offers can mean more money.
- After the holidays the supply of listings increases substantially which lowers the demand for your home…more competition equals less money for a Seller.
- Your home shows better when decorated for the holidays! People buy on Emotions, and the Holiday Decor in a Home gives a more Emotional feeling to the purchase.
- Many buyers are off of work for the holiday so they have more time to search for homes.
- We will restrict the showings on your home to the times you want it shown. You remain in control.
- You can sell now for more money and not have to physically move until January or February…as opposed to just starting the whole process at that time with more competition.
- By selling now, you may have an opportunity to be a non-contingent buyer during the Spring, when many more houses are on the market for less money. This will allow you to sell higher now and buy lower later.
- January is traditionally the month for employees to begin new jobs. Since transferees cannot wait until Spring to buy, you must be on the market now to capture that market.
- Some people must buy before the end of the year for tax reasons.
- Buyers are more emotional during the Holidays, so they are more likely to buy your property and pay your price.
Ultimately the decision will be yours if you want to list during the holidays or not. Some sellers feel they are too busy planning for the holiday, having relatives come to town or going on vacation. Every situation is different. Feel free to contact me if you want to discuss your situation.
FishHawk Ranch Real Estate Seller Related Information
- What To Look For In An Offer On Your FishHawk Ranch Home
- Find Out How Much Your FishHawk Ranch Home Is Worth
- Sellers Moving Checklist
- FishHawk Ranch Property Taxes
If you found this FishHawk Ranch Real Estate seller article beneficial, please share it with others. Thanks for sharing!
About the Author
The above FishHawk real estate article “11 Reasons You Should List Your Home During The Holidays” was written by Jeff Gould.
Jeff is a top-selling, nationally recognized REALTOR® and local FishHawk Ranch real estate expert. You will find him selling homes in Tampa Bay, Florida, and surrounding areas. Some of those areas include FishHawk, Lithia, Riverview, Valrico, Apollo Beach, Brandon, and Tampa.
If you are looking to sell or buy a Tampa Bay area home, Jeff is your local and trusted professional. He can be reached via phone/text at (813) 421-3007 or by contacting him below.
Connect with Jeff on:
Click here for additional FishHawk Ranch information or see other FishHawk Ranch Homes For Sale.
© 2018, Jeff Gould. All rights reserved.