FishHawk Ranch Frequently Asked Questions
If you‘re looking to buy a home in the FishHawk Ranch area, you likely have a lot of questions. On this real estate blog page, I’ll provide answers to the most frequently asked questions about FishHawk Ranch. With decades of experience in the real estate industry, I‘ll help you better understand the FishHawk Ranch housing market in this area and how to find your dream home.
Buying a Home in FishHawk Ranch
- How do I know if I’m ready to buy a home?
- What is the process to buy a home? Take a look at the FishHawk Ranch Real Estate Buyers Guide.
- I’m getting ready to buy a home, what are some items I need to know? Here are 15 No Nonsense Real Estate Facts for Buying a Home.
- Can I Use a REALTOR® if I’m Buying New Construction?
- Should I get a Mortgage Pre-Approval?
- How do I Choose the Right REALTOR® for my family and me?
- What questions should I ask the Home Inspector?
- Do you have a guide to the FishHawk Ranch area schools?
- What are the Closing Costs when buying a home?
- Do you have a mortgage calculator?
- I’m new to the area, can you tell me about the Tampa Bay area beaches?
- What are all the different subdivisions in FishHawk Ranch?
- What are the FishHawk Ranch amenities?
- Who is the best REALTOR® to use for buying a home in FishHawk? Jeff Gould, Jeffrey Gould Real Estate LLC.
Types of Home Sales in FishHawk Ranch
- Traditional Resale – A home being sold by a regular seller using a REALTOR®.
- For Sale by Owner – The same as a traditional sale except the owner is attempting to market, negotiate, and sell the property without the help of a REALTOR®.
- Bank Owned Properties (REOs) – A property that has gone through the foreclosure process with the lender being the highest bidder. The lender or bank lists the property in the MLS for sale.
- Short Sales – The seller is attempting to sell the property for less money than is owed on the mortgage. Short Sales need 3rd party approval (usually from an investor or multiple investors). Because of these additional approvals, short sales typically take an unusually long time to negotiate, and the asking price in the MLS may not be the price the 3rd party will accept to sell the property.
- Auctions – An online way to bid on properties for sale. This sounds good in theory, but in reality, the system still needs work. The sellers usually put in a hidden minimum required bid. I’ve tried to purchase multiple auction properties and never have met the minimum bid even with fair offers. Some of these auction sites require additional payments to them if you are the winning bidder so tread carefully.
FishHawk Ranch Homeowner Costs
- What is the FishHawk Ranch CDD?
- What is the FishHawk Ranch HOA?
- How much is my FishHawk Ranch Property Taxes, and how are they calculated?
- What is a Homestead Exemption, how is it calculated, and how do I apply?
Selling a FishHawk Ranch Home
- If I was going to hire you as my REALTOR®, how do you market and sell a home?
- What can I do to help get the most money for my home?
- I’m preparing to move, do you have a moving checklist?
- How important is an Open House to sell my home?
- How can I improve my curb appeal? Also, look at 3 ways to improve your curb appeal.
- Who is the best REALTOR® to use for selling a home in FishHawk? Jeff Gould, Jeffrey Gould Real Estate LLC.
Miscellaneous Questions About FishHawk Ranch
- Where is the FishHawk Ranch Aquatic Club?
- What are the current FishHawk Ranch events and activities? FishHawk Connect updates the current events and activities monthly.
- Is FishHawk Ranch a good place to live? I think so! I’ve lived here since 2005 and love it! It has terrific schools, world-class amenities, and is beautiful. Please check out my About FishHawk Ranch page for additional information.
- Is there a bus that runs from FishHawk Ranch to MacDill Air Force Base? Yes, there is. We have a HART pickup location at the Sports Complex in FishHawk Ranch just off FishHawk Blvd.
- How do I get the FishHawk Bylaws? If you head over to FishHawk Connect Document Library, you will find the FishHawk Ranch Bylaws and Declaration of Covenants.
- Where do I get a FishHawk Ranch alteration application? You will find this application and design guidelines in the FishHawk Ranch Document Library.
- Where is FishHawk Ranch, Central Park? It is located in FishHawk Ranch West near the pool.
- Where is FishHawk Ranch Park Square? Park Square is located in the center of Phase 2 in FishHawk Ranch. The physical address is 16132 Churchview Dr, Lithia, Florida 33547.
- What are the FishHawk Ranch elementary schools? FishHawk Ranch has three elementary schools located within the community. They are Bevis, FishHawk Creek, and Stowers. For a full breakdown of the FishHawk area schools, please check out my FishHawk Ranch Area Schools page.
I hope you found these frequently asked questions useful. Feel free to contact me if you have questions that I may not have covered.