Below is a complete breakdown and analysis of the FishHawk Ranch real estate market stats for April 2017.
Current FishHawk Ranch Real Estate Homes For Sale and Real Estate Stats for the Month Ending April 2017
- There are currently 118 Active FishHawk Ranch homes for sale.
- The Median List Price Per Square Foot for the homes that are Active For Sale is currently $141.08. This has been rising steadily for the past few years.
- Over the last 6 months, 172 have sold and closed.
- Over the last 6 months, the Median Sold Price Per Square Foot was $128.92.
- The supply or amount of homes available for sale is getting better but is still on the low side at a 4.1 month supply.
FishHawk Ranch Year Over Year Comparison for April 2017 Versus April 2016
- In April 2017 there were 24 homes that Sold and Closed compared to 26 homes in 2016.
- The Median List Price Per Square Foot for the homes that Sold and Closed in April 2017 was $132.46 compared to $127.84 in 2016.
- The Median Sold Price Per Square Foot for the homes that Sold and Closed in April 2017 was $131.76 compared to $127.84 in 2016.
- The Median Days on the Market for the homes that Sold and Closed in April 2017 were 24 days compared to 73 days last April.
FishHawk Ranch Real Estate Current Pending Contracts
- There are currently 85 FishHawk Ranch homes for sale that are in Pending Contract status waiting to close. This is a fairly large amount of homes waiting to close.
- The Median List Price Per Square Foot of the homes that are in Pending status is $135.64.
Please Note: At this point, we do not know how much these homes are under contract for and will actually be sold for.
Current Mortgage Rates
Even though we have seen some fluctuations in the mortgage rates they have stayed in a pretty narrow range. Per Mortgage News Daily the average 30-year fixed-rate mortgage currently sits around 4.10%.
Here is a quick buyer scenario for you. If you were to borrow $250,000 at 4.1% your monthly principal and interest payment would be $1208. Keep in mind that this is just principal and interest. It does not take into account any other homeowner costs. For additional mortgage calculations feel free to use my mortgage calculator or send me a message. I will be happy to give you a full payment analysis on a property.
Note: Mortgage rates quoted are just averages. Your final mortgage rate is determined by a number of factors. Please consult a mortgage professional and get a pre-approval to determine what your final rate may be.
FishHawk Ranch Real Estate Market Analysis and Outlook
We are currently in a pretty strong seller’s market with rising prices and well-priced homes going under contract very quickly. Homes under $300,000 are selling very fast and homes over $450,000 seem to be taking a little longer to sell. Inventory levels are still on the low side but have increased over the last 6 months. We currently have just over a 4 month supply of homes available to sell. Personally, I’d like to see between a 6 to 8 month supply of homes as it gives us a little more of a balanced market.
I think we should keep a close eye on mortgage rates. I believe they we will continually tick up towards the 6% range in the next few years. On a $250,000 mortgage, there is about a $300 a month difference in payment between a 4.1% loan and a 6% loan. $300 a month a 4.1% can buy you an extra $80,000 home for the same payment!
Thanks for stopping by and reading this article. Hopefully, you found it helpful! I’d love to hear your comments and as always, if you any questions please let me know.
Related FishHawk Real Estate Articles
- Search FishHawk Ranch Homes For Sale By Subdivision
- FishHawk Ranch Buyers Guide
- Preparing Your FishHawk Ranch Home For Showings
If you found these FishHawk Ranch real estate market statistics beneficial, please share them with others. Thanks for sharing!
About the author
Jeff is a top-selling, nationally recognized REALTOR® and local FishHawk Ranch real estate expert. Jeff sells homes in the entire Tampa Bay area. Including FishHawk, Lithia, Riverview, Valrico, Apollo Beach, Brandon, and Tampa.
If you are looking to sell or buy a Tampa Bay area home, Jeff is your local and trusted professional. He can be reached via phone or text at (813) 421-3007 or contact Jeff here.
Connect with Jeff on:
Click here for additional FishHawk Ranch information or see other FishHawk Ranch Homes For Sale.
© 2017, Jeff Gould. All rights reserved.