Please see below for a complete, comprehensive breakdown and analysis of the FishHawk Ranch real estate market stats for the month ending August 2015, as well as year over year results.
Current FishHawk Ranch Real Estate Homes For Sale and Real Estate Stats for the Month Ending August 2015
- There are currently 78 Active FishHawk Ranch homes for sale. This is slightly down from 80 in July but a substantial reduction from 94 in June, 105 in May, 116 in April, and 123 in March.
- The Median List Price Per Square Foot for the homes that are Active For Sale is currently $124.96. This is a little lower than the $126.74 per square foot in July. This has been fairly consistent for a while.
- Over the last 6 months, 246 FishHawk Ranch homes have Sold and Closed. This represents a lot of homes being sold over that period. In comparison 139 homes sold for the 6 months ending in March 2015.
- Over the last 6 months, the Median Sold Price Per Square Foot was $122.14. Again this was a small increase from $121.28 in July and $119.92 in June.
- The supply or amount of homes available for sale is at a very low 1.9 month supply. July had a 2.1 month supply but compared to March when we had a 5.3 month supply this is a huge reduction in the available homes for sale.
FishHawk Ranch Real Estate Activity for August 2015 Compared to August 2014
- In August 2015 there were 33 homes that Sold and Closed compared to 34 homes that were Sold and Closed in August 2014.
- The Median List Price Per Square Foot for the homes that Sold and Closed in August 2015 was $120.46 compared to $124.40 in August 2014.
- The median Sold Price Per Square Foot for the homes that Sold and Closed in August 2015 was $120.21 compared to $122.34 in August 2014.
- The median Days on Market for the homes that Sold and Closed in August 2015 was 58 days compared to 41 days last August.
FishHawk Ranch Real Estate Pending Contracts for August 2015
- In August there were 40 FishHawk Ranch homes for sale that are in Pending Contract status waiting to close. To put this in perspective in June there were 78 homes in Pending status waiting to close.
- The Median List Price Per Square Foot of the homes that are in Pending status in August is $127.18. This is up a little from $124.78 in July.
Please Note: At this point, we do not know how much these homes are under contract for and will actually sold for.
Current Mortgage Rates
The current mortgage rates have held steady over the last month per Mortgage News Daily. The average 30-year fixed-rate mortgage currently sits around 3.97% exactly the same as July.
For the curious, here is a quick calculation that shows your monthly principal and interest payment. If you were to borrow $250,000 at 4%. your monthly payment would be $1193.54. Keep in mind that this is just principal and interest. It does not take into account any other homeowner costs. For additional mortgage calculations feel free to use my mortgage calculator or send me a message. I will be happy to give you a full payment analysis on a property.
Note: Mortgage rates quoted are just averages. Your final mortgage rate is determined by a number of factors. Please consult a mortgage professional and get a pre-approval to determine what your final rate may be.
FishHawk Ranch Real Estate Market Analysis and Outlook August 2015
I think the FishHawk Ranch real estate market is starting to show signs of the lack of properly priced homes to sell. We currently have under a 2 month supply of homes available to sell. In a healthy real estate market, we like to be between a 6 to 8 month supply of homes. We did close 33 homes last month but you will notice the number of homes that are Pending went from 78 in June to 40 last month. That means that most of the homes that closed were already under contract and not a lot of new ones were added. What is really interesting is that even though there are not a lot of homes for sale prices of sold homes have actually been coming down a little bit. I’m not sure if the prices have been coming down because of lack of demand or that buyers are unwilling to pay over the market price for homes and will just wait for new homes to hit the market. Personally, I have a few clients that are looking for homes that cannot find what they are looking for in a market-priced home.
If you are thinking about selling your FishHawk Ranch home now may be a good time. We really do need homes to sell! Mortgage rates are still low and there are not enough homes for sale in FishHawk Ranch. So please give me a call, I will be happy to complete an in-depth Strategic Market Analysis just for you.
Thanks for stopping by and reading this article. I’d love to hear your comments and as always, if you any questions please let me know.
Related FishHawk Real Estate Articles
- Search FishHawk Ranch Homes For Sale By Subdivision
If you found these FishHawk Ranch real estate market statistics beneficial, please share them with others. Thanks for sharing!
About the author
Jeff is a top-producing, nationally recognized REALTOR® and local FishHawk real estate expert. You will find him selling homes in the Tampa Bay, Florida area, including FishHawk, Lithia, Riverview, Valrico, Apollo Beach, Brandon, and Tampa.
If you are looking to sell or buy a Tampa Bay area home, Jeff is your local and trusted professional. He can be reached via phone or text at (813) 421-3007 or by email at Jeff@FishHawkRanchRealEstate.net.
Connect with Jeff on: