Below is a complete breakdown and analysis of the FishHawk Ranch real estate market stats for the month ending October 2015.
Current FishHawk Ranch Real Estate Homes For Sale and Real Estate Stats for the Month Ending October 2015
- There are currently 81 Active FishHawk Ranch homes for sale. At the end of August, we were at 78 Active homes for sale so this is a very small increase but still extremely low compared to the 123 Active homes in March.
- The Median List Price Per Square Foot for the homes that are Active For Sale is currently $129.53. This is up from $124.96 in August. The median list price has been around the same range for over a year.
- Over the last 6 months, 225 FishHawk Ranch homes have Sold and Closed. This is down a little from the 246 that sold and closed for the 6 months ending in August. It is still a lot of homes that sold and closed especially if you compare it to the 139 homes sold for the 6 months ending in March 2015.
- Over the last 6 months, the Median Sold Price Per Square Foot was $122.49. In August it was $122.14. The median sold price per square foot has been remaining fairly flat over the past year.
- The supply or amount of homes available for sale is still very low but creeping up to a 2.2 month supply. At our low in August, we were at a 1.9 month supply. Compare that to March when we had a 5.3 month supply and you can see the drastic reduction in the available homes for sale.
FishHawk Ranch Real Estate Activity for October 2015 Compared to October 2014
- In October 2015 there were 22 homes that Sold and Closed compared to 26 homes that were Sold and Closed in October 2014.
- The Median List Price Per Square Foot for the homes that Sold and Closed in October 2015 was $120.59 compared to $119.10 in October 2014.
- The Median Sold Price Per Square Foot for the homes that Sold and Closed in October 2015 was $120.48 compared to $118.44 in October 2014.
- The Median Days on Market for the homes that Sold and Closed in October 2015 was 63 days compared to 39 days last October.
FishHawk Ranch Real Estate Pending Contracts for October 2015
- There are currently 29 FishHawk Ranch homes for sale that are in Pending Contract status waiting to close. This number has been shrinking over the last few months. To put this in perspective in June there were 78 homes in Pending status waiting to close.
- The Median List Price Per Square Foot of the homes that are in Pending status in October is $120.72. This is down from $127.18 in August.
Please Note: At this point, we do not know how much these homes are under contract for and will actually sold for.
Current Mortgage Rates
The current mortgage rates have held steady over the last month per Mortgage News Daily. The average 30-year fixed-rate mortgage currently sits around 3.91%. These rates have been fluctuating a little bit over the past few months.
For the curious, here is a quick calculation that shows your monthly principal and interest payment. If you were to borrow $250,000 at 4%. your monthly payment would be $1193.54. Keep in mind that this is just principal and interest. It does not take into account any other homeowner costs. For additional mortgage calculations feel free to use my mortgage calculator or send me a message. I will be happy to give you a full payment analysis on a property.
Note: Mortgage rates quoted are just averages. Your final mortgage rate is determined by a number of factors. Please consult a mortgage professional and get a pre-approval to determine what your final rate may be.
FishHawk Ranch Real Estate Market Analysis and Outlook October 2015
As mentioned in previous months the FishHawk Ranch real estate market is starting to show signs of the lack of homes for sale and the lack of correctly priced homes to sell. We currently have just over a 2 month supply of homes available to sell. In a healthy real estate market, we like to be between a 6 to 8 month supply of homes. We only closed 22 homes in October and the number of Pending homes for sale went from 78 in June to 29 currently. That means that most of the homes that closed were already under contract and not a lot of new ones were added. Even though we do not have a lot of homes for sale buyers have been reluctant to overpay for the homes. It will be interesting to see how the holiday season will impact sales this year. Typically it is a slow time of year for real estate.
Thanks for stopping by and reading this article. I’d love to hear your comments and as always, if you any questions please let me know.
Related FishHawk Real Estate Articles
- Search FishHawk Ranch Homes For Sale By Subdivision
If you found these FishHawk Ranch real estate market statistics beneficial, please share them with others. Thanks for sharing!
About the author
Jeff is a top-producing, nationally recognized REALTOR® and local FishHawk real estate expert. You will find him selling homes in the Tampa Bay, Florida area, including FishHawk, Lithia, Riverview, Valrico, Apollo Beach, Brandon, and Tampa.
If you are looking to sell or buy a Tampa Bay area home, Jeff is your local and trusted professional. He can be reached via phone or text at (813) 421-3007 or by email at Jeff@FishHawkRanchRealEstate.net.
Connect with Jeff on: