The Importance of Digital Marketing When Selling Your FishHawk Ranch Home
Gone are the days of pounding a for-sale sign into the ground, tying some balloons to the mailbox, and hoping potential homebuyers will find their way to your open house.
These days, buyers are savvy, which means that home sellers need to be too. With 44 percent of homebuyers finding their new homes online and 80 percent unwilling to go see a house before they scope it out online, it’s no question that digital marketing is a must.
Below you’ll find tips on how to maximize your home online so that most buyers will come to check it out, and you’ll get a truly competitive price for it.
3 tips for maximizing your listing online
1. Get professional photos
The first thing to keep in mind is that homebuyers take to the internet because they want to see a house before they go see it in person. It’s critical that you have great photos, otherwise, they’ll just scroll past your bad listing pics onto the next one.
And research shows that photos draw buyers more than anything else:
- 93 percent of Facebook’s most-engaging posts had photos.
- 65 percent of the population are visual learners.
- Most viewers spend an average of 20 seconds looking at the first photo in an online real estate listing according to Forbes.
- Photos taken by a pro photographer can increase the sale price by about $19,000.
Given these stats, spending a little extra upfront on professional listing photos makes sense. Here are some tips on hiring a professional real estate photographer and preparing your home for a photo shoot.
2. Craft a compelling listing description
While the number of bedrooms, bathrooms, and special features is critical, being more personable with listing descriptions is your best bet.
The best listing descriptions are specific. They invoke feelings of home, family, and making memories.
- Start off the listing description with the most attractive feature.
- Stick to the point, but don’t over inundate the reader with too much. Anything over 100 words is TMI.
- Flaunt all the amenities, including proximity to hiking and biking trails, walkability, and the unique features of your home.
- Focus on keywords like waterfront, balcony, and condo.
An amazing listing description paired with enticing professional photos will be sure to stop buyers in their scroll.
3. Blast it on social media
People always wonder whether social media is worth it. Well, it is if you do it right. For example, if the average age of a first-time homebuyer is 33 and the average age of a repeat buyer is 53, we can make some educated guesses on where buyers are spending (or wasting) their time online.
Facebook is your best bet. You’ll get the most bang for your buck there. Just look at its stats:
- 72 percent of adults are active on Facebook
- 70 percent of Facebook users log on daily; 43 percent log on several times a day.
- Of online adults ages 30-49, 79 percent are on Facebook; among the 50-64 crowd, the number is 64 percent on Facebook.
The next best social media sites are:
Here are some more real estate social media tips.
At this point, some of you are probably so excited to get started, and others are overwhelmed. For those of you who are overwhelmed, don’t fret, there’s a simple answer: Hire a real estate agent that is an expert in the area that you are selling a home in. Your agent will take care of these marketing concerns as well as probably sell your home for more money on top of taking care of the countless issues that arise in the selling process.
Start by hiring an excellent agent prior to doing any marketing, and you’ll have far less to worry about.
Additional FishHawk Ranch Real Estate Articles
- Benefits and Advantages of a VA Loan
- Preparing Your FishHawk Ranch Home For Property Showings
- 10 Tips to Increase Your Home Value
If you found this article beneficial, please do me a favor and share it with others. Thanks for sharing!
About the Author
The above real estate article The Importance of Digital Marketing When Selling Your FishHawk Ranch Home was written by my friends at Homelight.
About Jeff Gould
Jeff is a top-selling, nationally recognized REALTOR ®, real estate Broker, and your local FishHawk Ranch real estate expert. You will find him selling homes in Tampa Bay, Florida, and surrounding areas. Some of those areas include FishHawk, Lithia, Riverview, Valrico, Apollo Beach, Brandon, and Tampa.
If you are looking to sell or buy a home anywhere in the Tampa Bay area, Jeff is your local and trusted professional.
Jeff can also be reached via text or phone at (813) 421-3007.
Thinking of moving to the Tampa area? Click here for additional FishHawk Ranch information or see some FishHawk Ranch Homes For Sale.
© 2019, Jeff Gould. All rights reserved.