You Never Get A Second Chance At A First Impression!
As the saying goes, you never get a second chance at a first impression. This is never truer than when it applies to selling a home. When selling your home the first impression a buyer gets when driving up to the house can really make or break a sale. It’s very important for your home to have great curb appeal. Walkout to the road and pretend you are a buyer looking at your home for the first time. What do you see? Does it look clean and neat? Is the grass mowed and trimmed? Does the exterior of the property have a well taken care of look? For my friends that have a FishHawk Ranch home for sale, is your pool sparkling clean? All too often when I am showing homes for sale. I drive up to the home and find newspapers or toys in the driveway or once we get into the house dirty dishes in the sink or a green pool. If you are looking to sell your home for top dollar it should look top-notch!
Here is a quick first impression checklist to ensure your home for sale shines and makes a great first impression!
- Mow and edge grass, pull weeds, and mulch around flower beds and shrubs
- Trim bushes and trees
- Check pool, make it sparkle if needed
- Repaint or replace the mailbox
- Seal cracks in exterior walls on the home
- Pressure wash, touch up, or repaint the exterior of the home
- Ensure any railings and stairways are repaired and sturdy
- Clean all windows and sliders
- Ensure all sliders are working and locking properly repair or replace if needed
- Replace old windows with energy-efficient windows
- Paint or replace the front door if needed
- Repaint or replace house number
- Ensure shutters are straight, clean, and painted
- Check gutters, repair, and paint
- Ensure the doorbell is working properly
- Make sure all the exterior lights are working. Change bulbs if needed
- Add a few fresh flowers and potted plants to the front entrance area
- Walk the property, throw out the trash and put away the toys
Work on these items and make a great first impression! You are on your way to getting your home sold faster and for more money.
FishHawk Ranch Real Estate Seller Related Information
- What To Look For In An Offer On Your FishHawk Ranch Home
- Find Out How Much Your FishHawk Ranch Home Is Worth
- Sellers Moving Checklist
- FishHawk Ranch Property Taxes
If you found this FishHawk Ranch Real Estate seller article beneficial, please share it with others. Thanks for sharing!
About the Author
The above FishHawk real estate buyer article “You Never Get A Second Chance At A First Impression!” was written by Jeff Gould.
Jeff is a top-selling, nationally recognized real estate broker, REALTOR®, and local FishHawk Ranch real estate expert.
In addition to the FishHawk area, Jeff sells homes in the entire Tampa Bay area. Including Lithia, Riverview, Valrico, Apollo Beach, Brandon, and the rest of the Tampa Bay area.
If you are looking to sell or buy a home anywhere in the Tampa Bay area, Jeff is your local and trusted professional.
Jeff can also be reached via text or phone at (813) 421-3007.
Click here for additional FishHawk Ranch information or see other FishHawk Ranch Homes For Sale.
© 2018, Jeff Gould. All rights reserved.