The kitchen is the central location of most homes in FishHawk Ranch and in most cases one of the hardest to keep organized. Here are some quick tips to help you organize your kitchen like a master chef!
- Get rid of unneeded items – At least once a year look at each item and ask yourself when you last used it. If the answer is over 6 months ago it may be time to donate, sell or simply throw it out.
- Relocate seldom-used items – Items like holiday china, large pots, and pans, and your special silverware can be relocated to the most out-of-the-way kitchen cabinets if you have space. If not, move these items to a dining-room china cabinet, the spare room closet, under the bed, or if you are lucky enough to the basement (sorry FishHawk Ranch residents we can’t use the basement idea).
- If you use it, keep it easily accessible and near its place of use – It sounds simple right? The hard part is figuring out how to keep the items close. Try items like a hanging rack, wall knife strip, and jars for added storage. Store pots, pans, and cooking utensils near the stove. Dishes and silverware should be near the dishwasher or table. Cleaning supplies should be near the sink.
- Try to set a specific place for everything – If you always put something in the same place, you will always know where it is!
- Do not store food near hot locations – Any item that is not stored in the refrigerator should be stored in a cool, dry location. I live in FishHawk Ranch in Lithia, Florida. In the summer it is hot and humid. I need to be extra careful about where I store my food. Items like bread will go bad fast if not stored in the proper place.
I know these items seem simple but give them a try. They will go a long way towards keeping your kitchen organized. Sorry, if you cook like me I cannot help you cook like a master chef!
Real Estate Information
- 10 Simple Fixes to Instantly Raise Your Home’s Selling Price
- You Never Get a Second Chance at a First Impression
- 10 Tips to Increase Your Home Value
If you found this article beneficial, please do me a favor and share it with others. Thanks for sharing!
About the author
Jeff is a top-selling, nationally recognized REALTOR® and local FishHawk Ranch real estate expert. You will find him selling homes in Tampa Bay, Florida, and surrounding areas. Some of those areas include FishHawk, Lithia, Riverview, Valrico, Apollo Beach, Brandon, and Tampa.
If you are looking to sell or buy a Tampa Bay area home, Jeff is your local and trusted professional. He can be reached via phone/text at (813) 421-3007 or by email at Jeff@FishHawkRanchRealEstate.net.
Connect with Jeff on:
© 2015, Jeff Gould. All rights reserved.