How to Sell Your FishHawk Ranch Home Fast For Top Dollar
Selling your FishHawk Ranch home fast for top dollar tends to go hand in hand. Typically FishHawk Ranch homes that sell fast, sell for more money than homes that sit on the market for an extended period of time.
Please let me explain why.
The Keys To Selling A Home Fast For The Most Money
There are really two key components to selling your FishHawk Ranch home fast.
- The List Price
- How Many Qualified Buyers See That Your Home is For Sale
The List Price
Pricing your home correctly is, in my opinion, is the single most important factor for selling your home for top dollar. If a home is overpriced it won’t matter how many buyers see your home, they simply will not overpay for it.
Most of the time, overpricing a home will have the reverse effect and cause sellers to get less money for their home had they listed it at the optimal price, to begin with. One of the biggest reasons for this is listings reach the highest number of potential buyers within the first two weeks of a home being listed for sale.
Based on the chart above you will notice that the highest buyer activity for viewing a home starts to fade heading into the second week the home is on the market. For that reason, you really only get one chance to get the pricing correct. If a home is overpriced, it is either dismissed as overpriced or it may not even fall into a potential buyer’s home search criteria. In general, overpricing a home to begin with causes multiple price reductions, buyers asking what is wrong with the home because it has been on the market for so long, and ultimately a lower sale price.
Determining the proper list price is not easy. There are a lot of different factors to consider. I analyze and determine home values in FishHawk every day. As your FishHawk real estate market expert, I will help you determine what price your home is likely to sell for. Together, depending on your unique circumstances will determine the exact asking price to strategically list your home for so it sells for the highest possible price within your predetermined time frame.
Key Point: The market value of your home is what a qualified buyer is willing to pay for your home. We determine that by:
- What’s happening in the current FishHawk real estate market
- Evaluating your current competition
- Comparing recently sold homes similar to your home
- How loose or tight is the current financing market
- What is the local and national economic condition
- What will be the buyer’s perceived condition of your home
- Does the home’s location have an effect on its value
- What is the current average marketing time for a home
- Do you have any showing access limitations
- What is your timeframe to sell your home
How Realtors Used To Market Homes
Once we get the list price right, the next step is getting qualified buyers to look at your home. In order to get a good understanding of the best way to do that let’s first look at how Realtors marketed homes in the past.
The way we used to market homes for sale took a lot more time for properties to get noticed than does with today’s marketing if it is done correctly. In fact, I do almost as much marketing of a home BEFORE it actually hits the MLS than I do once the home is active in the MLS.
Here’s what the old way of marketing a home looked like.
The listing agreement gets signed and the seller prepares the home for showings.
Day 1: The home gets listed in the Multiple Listing Service (MLS).
Day 1: A For Sale sign get put in the ground in front of your home.
Day 1: A combination lockbox was added to the home for Realtor access.
Day 7: The listing agent holds and Open House.
Day 14: A tiny classified ad is taken out in the local newspaper.
Day 30 – 45: The home shows up in the large green MLS listing booklet (I remember these well. The books were thick and the pictures were black and white).
Day 60: The home is advertised in Homes and Land or some other real estate publication.
While the marketing started immediately, the reality is that it used to take sixty days or more to reach potential buyers. The film needed to be developed, ad copy needed to be prepared, submitted, edited, and reviewed and all within the time constraints of publication schedules for newspapers and magazines.
This lag time between signing a listing agreement with a Realtor and fully being marketed to the entire pool of buyers was something we used to refer to as “market time,” unfortunately there was not a better way to reach the masses.
Selling Your Home Today Fast with Online Marketing
Today is an entirely different story. The Internet has changed how we communicate and market. What it used to take months, now takes days if done properly. With online marketing, we have one main objective.
- Generate Qualified Buyer Interest – The more qualified buyers we can get interested in your home, the stats tell us the higher the final price will be. This is critical and will always apply. It is simple supply and demand economics. If multiple buyers want a property, the selling price is usually driven higher until only one buyer remains.
Today, with an online marketing platform, the potential to reach the masses in hours is enormous. This is a huge bonus to home sellers. The catch is that is not as easy as it sounds. There is a lot of competition for viewers today so a well thought out marketing plan is a must. I use a written 50+ point marketing plan for every home I list. Here are some of the highlights of the plan.
While you are preparing your home for showings I start on the following to begin generating interest in the home:
- Place a Coming Soon sign on your lawn
- Setup a website just for this home
- Order professional photos, video, and a 3D Interactive Virtual Tour
- Show your home on my Facebook Page as Coming Soon
Once your FishHawk home is show-ready, the marketing continues:
- Place your FishHawk Ranch home in the Greater Tampa Association of Realtors MLS with a compelling description, professional photos, and state-of-the-art 3D Interactive Virtual Tour
- Put my highly visible For Sale sign in your front yard
- Add a “Text For Info” Rider on the For Sale sign
- Blast your listing out to over 350 of the real estate industry’s most popular websites including Zillow, Realtor.com, Homes.com and more
- Place a high-quality, full-color brochure in the home
- Add search engine optimization (SEO) to online marketing materials for maximum exposure
- Individual For Sale posting on my top Google ranked www.FishHawkRanchRealEstate.net website
- Paid Ads with Adwerx and Facebook
- And so much more!
- The goal is to create a bidding war!
Sell Your FishHawk Ranch Home Fast For Top Dollar
I hope this article has given you a better understanding of how to sell your home fast and for top dollar. If you are planning to sell a home or buy a home in the FishHawk area in the near future, give me a call or text me at (813) 421-3007 or send me an email at TampaRealEstateAdvisor@gmail.com and I will show you how to sell your house fast and for top dollar.
As your local FishHawk Ranch real estate expert with a focus on customer service, I promise you’ll find great success when working with me. You can read some of the rave reviews received from past clients right here: FishHawk Ranch Real Estate Agent Reviews.
Additional FishHawk Ranch Real Estate Articles
- How to Prepare Your FishHawk Ranch Home for a Home Inspection
- Preparing Your FishHawk Ranch Home For Property Showings
- 10 Tips to Increase Your Home Value
If you found this article beneficial, please do me a favor and share it with others. Thanks for sharing!
About the Author
The above real estate article “How to Sell Your FishHawk Ranch Home Fast For Top Dollar” was written by Jeff Gould.
Jeff is a top-selling, nationally recognized Florida REALTOR® and local FishHawk Ranch real estate expert. You will find him selling homes in the Tampa Bay, Florida and surrounding areas. Some of those areas include FishHawk, Lithia, Riverview, Valrico, Apollo Beach, Brandon, and Tampa.
If you are looking to sell or buy a home anywhere in the Tampa Bay area, Jeff is your local and trusted professional.
Jeff can also be reached via text or phone at (813) 421-3007.
Thinking of moving to the Tampa area? Click here for additional FishHawk Ranch information or see some FishHawk Ranch Homes For Sale.
© 2019, Jeff Gould. All rights reserved.